Sunday, April 20, 2008

I hate to feel this way...


God, I hope in this I'm not blind
as fantasy takes hold of my mind.
A real person is behind that face,
that voice;
those words.

Am I truly seeing the man behind that name?
Or rather
falling for the fantasy that exists in that space between
Waking and sleep
Sparks and hope?
I dont want to put high hopes lord,
But I'm not sure if I could bear the pain.


Is it love? I doubt..
But it grows.
I need to know him in the flesh, lord.
For curiosity kills this girl,
Distance makes me see this dream,
That which I want but can never truly have.

I..Am a dreamer;
Clutching to a mutual desire,
Completely unsure of where I stand;
Hoping, on faith, that I won't fall so deep,
Won't drown in the dream;
until reality fishes them out.
leaving myself on the shore
Cold and wet.
Alone.

I think I will give into this dream
though my nature hates to submit.
The decision is mine and tho blindfolded,
I submerge myself
and hope to God I don't drown.

1 comment:

  1. being stuck in a dream is always a better choice than being stuck in reality for most of us i guess.

    love that piece! did you compose that?

    ReplyDelete

~~ClueLess...We're on the ROAD to nowhere..I keep going back to the things that I need to walk away from..~~