Sunday, November 13, 2011

Gettin Inked

As a guy or rather a girl walks by with tattoes on his or her body, people will turn their head and their eyes follow him or her to wherever they go to. People’s perception on those who have tattoes were bad, that they aren’t good people, there must be something bad within them, that they aren’t as simple as people think they are and bottom line, it’s everything very negative. People started become judgemental towards them. These days it’s considered a fashion item, or to some, it’s art or rather related to religious issues. However, the older generation still has the conservative mentality though.

I have thought about having a tattoo ages ago, somewhat like 7 freaking years ago. Yes no joke 7 freaking years!! But up till this year, I was still gathering my guts on having it, plus i hadnt have enough of 'savings' yet...Lol....

How do people decide to have a tattoo? Well, as for me, I got inspired by Alyssa Millano in Charmed the series. She always wore cloth that shows her tattoo in the show, and yes, she had a rosary tattoo too...And I noticed that I never see anyone ( here in my area ) had a rosary for their tattoo..I was just freaking excited to get it thinking I might me the only person whos having it....Lol.....Ever since then, I dreamt of getting a rosary image and I never did until this year...

After having 2 weeks of semester break, I flew back to KL to resume my new semester. The next morning, my boyfie was like 'lets go get ur tattoo done...I'll help u pay as a token of my love'......Lol...cute isnt it?? So I was like ook * in a blur state cos I never expect to get it that soon* And since he rented a car, he does not want it to go to waste. So we drove all the way to sg wang, walking up and down the shopping mall just to find a tattoo parlour. Once we saw one, we stopped and just head to it (yea, i know its insane....We shud have googled about tattoo parlour rite?? But we didnt )

We went in, I showed him a picture that he can refer to..however, he used the whole image..but its ok, im very satisfied with his job.....


This is the picture I gave to the artist....


And the inking starts!! It was kinda painful, but bearable.....Mind you, that actually is a huge tattoo for a first timer....OMG, Im so proud of myself in terms of enduring the pain!!



Owh, and I added a bible verse below in greek wording....cool eh?? 

Acts 16 : 31 " Believe in Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."

Too bad, the wording was quite long so I had to cut it short....I think it was only "Believe in Lord Jesus and you will be saved."






And taadaaaa!!! So this pic was taken a few week after.....all healed!! :D Nice right?? I love it soooo much!!!



Once I told people my dream of having a tattoo, majority says NO and that I will definitely regret during my old age. I say... let’s think about now rather than later. If it turns ugly later in life, so be it. The pain was bearable, and it wasn’t pain throughout the whole process. It was cool all the way.

If people … decide to have a tattoo, make sure you DON’t ink your partner’s name, or something to do with your partner and *touchwood* something happens between the both of you, the name stays on forever though the person don’t. 

Also a piece of advise, don’t ink something to do with fashion today. Tribal used to be an “in” thing but right now it’s fading away.

Suggestions… please if you wanna do a tattoo, do something you really like and love and it’s best if it brings meaning to it and not just for the sake of tattoo-ing. There must be a certain level of trust between you and your tattoo-ist or else the end result won’t be good. You just have to trust your tattoo-ist. Ask around, survey around only decide because this will last a lifetime and one last word, DO NOT REGRET!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

~~ClueLess...We're on the ROAD to nowhere..I keep going back to the things that I need to walk away from..~~